MGI Digital Graphic Technology, debuted the final production model of the JETvarnish 3D at Emballage 2012, which took place from 19-22 November. Using MGI’s award-winning inkjet technology, the JETvarnish 3D provides print service providers (using offset, flexo and digital technologies), with a revolutionary solution to maximise brand recognition, visibility and profit margin on printed jobs.
The JETvarnish 3D applies spot UV coating for both flat and 3D raised effects (8-100µ of thickness) on runs from one to thousands and more.
The JETvarnish 3D’s new capabilities produce beautiful, tactile 3D effects that enhance visual appeal and bring a new sensory dimension to all printed projects, the ultimate finishing solution for adding value to jobs and allowing brands to take their messaging to a new level.
The packaging market is an ideal fit for the JETvarnish 3D in a multitude of applications, including luxury, cosmetics, jewellery and food/beverage, among others. The JETvarnish 3D is perfectly suited for personalised and limited edition projects, proofing and VIP/special event flyers, book covers, point-of-sale materials and brochures, just to name a few.
Key JETvarnish 3D specifications include:
- Supported sheet sizes from A4 to 52×105 cm included (US letter to 20×42’’).
- Compatible with printed jobs from offset/flexo/digital.
- Production speed up to 3000 B2 sheets per hour.
- New faster make-ready process including a camera to ensure on-the-fly image registration.
- New UV coating formula to ensure a wide compatibility on all kinds of surfaces.
- laminated/non-laminated and with/without aqueous coating.