MGI Digital Graphic Technology, a leader in digital printing and finishing equipment, announced five new digital solutions at Ipex 2014 in London.
The fifth generation of Meteor Series digital press, the Meteor DP8700 XL+ builds on a very successful and reliable product series that is known for its flexibility in substrate compatibility and format sizing. The newest member to the Meteor family of digital presses, the Meteor DP8700 XL+ will bring a sizeable upgrade in quality, format sizing, thicknesses and more.
• Now capable to printing up to 1,200mm (47 inches) long in format size, the Meteor DP8700 XL+ brings an additional format length, allowing the creation of up to 5.7 A4’s up on one single sheet.
• Ability to print substrate thicknesses ranging up to 400GSM and 450 Microns on plastic substrates.
• Automatic Duplexing feature has been designed to print and register up to 300GSM.
• In addition to a new EFI FS100 Pro RIP with improved performance over previous models, the Meteor DP8700 XL+ also integrates a new Automatic Skew and Centering Adjustment (ASCA®) system on the automatic duplex system that duplicates the same high precision registration as on the Meteor’s offset registration table.
• Now available with a new in-line finishing option, the DF Pro.
• New, fully customisable colour scheme, ranging from Gunmetal Grey, Cherry Red, Royal Blue and Midnight Black.
• Market availability estimated for Q3 2014.
The DF Pro
MGI also announced the first In-Line finishing unit for use on the Meteor Series of Digital Presses.
The DF Pro, a high-speed inline industrial finishing unit, is designed to keep pace with the high production speeds of the Meteor Series, and offer commercial printers a creative finishing option for their Meteor Press. The main features of the DF Pro include:
• Cutting and Trimming.
• Full and selective perforation, both horizontal and vertical, allowing for knockouts.
• Both positive and negative creasing.
• All inline in one pass on formats up to 1,200mm (47 inches) long.
• Speeds of up to 4,260 A4’s per hour.
• Market availability estimated for Q3 2014.
JETvarnish 3D Evolution T Options: Powerful Upgrading
The world’s fastest digital spot UV coater just got more powerful with new field upgradeable options, allowing for either the doubling (T2) or the tripling (T3) of production speeds and the ability to digitally emboss up to 300 microns in one pass on formats up to 52x105cm (20×40’’).
• The JETvarnish 3D is unique in that it can do both digitally embossed “3D” effects as well as traditional flat spot UV in one pass.
• The new development will allow for the production of up to 2400 B2’s per hour with embossed 3D effects and 3000 B2’s per hour with traditional flat effects.
• The new Barcode Reaction camera system will allow JETvarnish 3D users to digitally emboss or spot varnish variable data by reading printed barcodes and recalling the correct images in the workstation to varnish on the fly.
The award winning iFOIL, which allows JETvarnish 3D users to produce in-line both flat and digitally embossed hot foiling, was released for use with the JETvarnish 3D.
• Gold, silver, metallic, holographic and most other market-available foils are compatible.
• Easy to use, the iFOIL and JETvarnish require no plates, no dies and no make ready thanks to a fully digital process.
• The personalisation of embossed foil, something that has never been offered in the industry before, can now be done with the click of a mouse.
• Market availability estimated for Q2 2014.
The JETvarnish 3DS (smart)
The newest addition to the JETvarnish Digital Spot UV Coating line, MGI is proud to announce the first achievement of its strategic alliance with Konica Minolta with the JETvarnish 3DS. A product developed by MGI exclusively for the Konica Minolta sales network, the third generation JETvarnish has all the tactile effects and advantages of the original JETvarnish 3D with only half the size.
• Designed primarily for the digital print market, this new Digital Spot UV 3D Coater will make the popular 3D tactile varnish finish available to all digital printers in the market today printing on widths up to 36 cm (14 inches).
• Full Automatic Registration Cameras (ARC) control allows for the individual registration and image correction of prints on the fly.
• Integrated 3D HubManager software allows for precise cost analytics for each job, something all digital printers can cheer about.
• The JETvarnish 3DS will be iFOIL compatible and allow digital printers to produce digital embossed hot foiling with personalization.
• Market Availability estimated October 2014.