The JETvarnish 3DW and iFOIL W system is an integrated, roll-to-roll print embellishment solution ideally suited to the label and flexible packaging marketplace. It provides critical customisation and ‘Foil-on-Demand’ (FOD) short run capabilities for runs from one to 100000 pieces, as well as Variable Data Foiling (VDF) options for mass personalisation for every piece produced. The company will preview the the product at Labelexpo 2015 in Brussels.
The new system adds valuable shelf impact with colorful, luxurious and eye-catching special effects that improve brand identification and consumer perception. For printers and converters, the new MGI digital system supports the strengthening of customer relationships via rapid prototyping, short run customization and production-strength power.
The system produces 2D spot UV coating, 3D embossed varnish textures and embossed foil effects all in one pass. The full JETvarnish 3DW & iFOIL W solution also includes a revolutionary flexo priming station for substrate surface management. MGI integrated this unique pre-treatment process inline to optimise the rendered input for digital enhancement effects.
The system includes
• MGI Inkjet Technology and roll fed Foil.
• High capacity winder/un-winder up to 850 mm (33.5 Inches) diameter.
• Working width of 100-420 mm (4-17 inches).
• Substrates managed 50-400 microns on labels, cardboard or paper.
• Production rate up to 20m/min (65 ft/min).
• Pre-treatment of substrates (if necessary) with integrated flexo group.
• Digital spot UV varnish in line with flat and / or 3D varnish.
• Digital embossing.
• Digital hot foiling system in line with VDF.
• Variable data without limits (text, graphics and photos).
• Different patented UV varnishes available (2D, 3D and more).