Komori launched the Komori Lithrone GX40 Packaging press during the Open House event which took place on 2 September 2015, at the European Komori Graphic Centre in Utrecht. The event was attended by more than 150 visitors from 20 European countries for the European launch of the Komori Lithrone GX40 Packaging press.
The large audience of renowned European packaging printers was welcomed by Akihiro Komori, the President of Komori International Europe, before attending presentations on the Komori company and products as well as a detailed review of the latest trends in the packaging and cardboard industries.
A live demonstration of a GLX-640 plus Coating unit showed the press printing at 18,000 sheets per hour with a non-stop change over.
The demonstration focused on the Lithrone GX40 main concepts:
- Highest operational productivity by high-speed operation at 18,000 sph stabilised by the latest control technologies and non-stop logistics.
- Seamless short make ready and optimised changeovers even with special colours thanks to Komori KHS-AI, the world’s most advanced print start-up system.
- High printing quality meeting the most demanding requirements of deluxe printing by means of an enhanced new inking system.
- A wide range of press configurations and specifications for high added value printing.
- Reduced environmental footprint and high operability thanks to advanced eco-friendly devices offering reduced paper waste and lower electrical power consumption.
Further Komori technology for the enhancement and ease of packaging printing were highlighted:
- The automated non-stop feeder and delivery systems.
- A-APC, the simultaneous automatic plate changing system which changes all plates at once in just one minute and 15 seconds, regardless of the number of colours.
- PQA-S (Print Quality Assessment), the Komori in-line inspection and density control system which controls the density and checks every printed sheet for defects.
- PDC-SX, the spectral print density controller for accurate colour management.
- KID, the Komori Info-Service Display, which provides detailed press information to the press operator.
The Open House ended with an H-UV Packaging demonstration on a Lithrone LS-529 plus Coating unit.