ACTEGA announced the addition of MotionCoat to its specialty coatings portfolio. MotionCoat is a patent-pending UV coating system that when used in conjunction with vector based artwork creates an amazing motion-like image.
This technology is capable of being used in both flexographic and lithographic applications and is commercially available as of April 2016.
‘We are very proud to introduce this truly innovative UV coating system to the market, allowing our company to serve current and future customers in all areas of special effect enhancement needs,’ said Dennis Drummond, Head of Brand Owner Management at ACTEGA North America. ‘MotionCoat will provide converters, designers, and brand owners the opportunity to implement a variety of eye-popping design elements into printing and packaging without the investment of specialised software or capital investments.’
MotionCoat has the following features and benefits:
• Motion effect can be printed in-line at normal press speeds.
• 100% recyclable compared to other ‘motion-type’ systems.
• Ability to be used on both flexographic and lithographic print applications.
• Unique self-registration characteristics to create high-motion graphics.
• Excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates.