X-Rite announced an update to the i1iSis Solutions family of automated chart readers for prepress/premedia, photo and pressroom colour management and profiling. The new i1iSis 2 and i1iSis 2 XL use i1 spectral technology to accommodate M0, M1 and M2 measurement illumination conditions that help manage the complexities of measuring optically brightened substrates now commonly used in grand format, premedia and digital press applications.
Ray Cheydleur, Printing and Imaging Portfolio Manager of X-Rite said, ‘For anyone in prepress, digital print or the graphic arts production process that spend time measuring charts, the new i1iSis2 is a must. This automated chart reader, is built on our award-winning i1 spectral technology and reads up to 2 500 patches printed on a single A3 page in just minutes, saving valuable operator and production time. Now users have the ability to capture M0, M1 and M2 in a single chart measurement cycle.’
The i1iSis 2 integrates seamlessly into a user’s workflow and is available in two models:
• i1iSis 2 XL: reads up to 2500 patches on a single A3/Tabloid sheet in just ten minutes.
• i1iSis 2: reads up to 1500 patches on a single A4/Letter sheet in just eight minutes.
The X-Rite i1iSis 2 and i1iSis 2 XL come with built-in vision systems that offer high tolerance for how charts are aligned as they are fed into the system, automatically correcting for misalignment. Barcode reading for chart identification adds further ease of use and error reduction.
With the i1iSis 2 and i1iSis 2 XL, users are able to:
• Capture full spectral data for the charts they measure.
• Use with i1Profiler software to accommodate a variety of inks and substrates in any viewing condition using Optical Brightening Compensation (OBC).
• Assure compliance with new ISO standards for M-Series measurement illumination conditions.
• Spend less time on press profiling and more on taking care of customers.
The i1iSis 2 and i1iSis 2 XL are XRGA compliant. The X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA), an X-Rite calibration standard for graphic arts instruments, includes new advances in colour technology and changes required to meet ISO-13655. As XRGA-compliant instruments, the i1iSis 2 and i1iSis 2 XL ensure high quality data exchange and workflows in environments where different instrumentation is used.