The ColorCert Suite of software products provides real-time colour and print quality process control and reporting to help packaging printers and converters better manage the complexities of CMYK, extended gamut, and spot colour workflows, regardless of the printing process, substrate, or industry standard.
For brand owners, ColorCert provides an overview of supply chain performance to ensure accurate and consistent colour across regional or global partners. New in ColorCert 2.7 are a number of connectivity features that make the communication of colour specifications and performance metrics easier and more streamlined than ever.
‘Today’s packaging workflows are complex, often involving multiple brand owners, design agencies, premedia, plating and ink companies, all providing input into the production workflow,’ said Adrián Fernández, Vice President, PantoneLIVE™, X-Rite Pantone. ‘This can make managing accurate colour and print consistency a challenge. ColorCert simplifies colour communication across all internal and external stakeholders. From prepress and the ink room to production process control, it helps organisations manage precise colour and print specifications, uniting traditional silos of information into one common workflow.’
The ColorCert Suite consists of three modules specifically designed to help various members of the packaging workflow manage specifications and monitor quality control from the artwork to premedia to the ink room to the press room. The modules include:
· ColorCert Desktop Tools enable the accurate creation of colour specifications and process controls at multiple points throughout the packaging workflow.
· ColorCert ScoreCard Server combines reporting and statistical process control to provide brands, packaging converters and premedia professionals with an easy-to-use dashboard for the monitoring of print quality by supplier, plant, machine, customer, work type, and more.
· ColorCert Repository Server, a secure, online asset management solution for storing, managing and deploying packaging colour assets so that the most up-to-date assets are always being used and the packaging workflow is optimised.
New in ColorCert 2.7
ColorCert Suite 2.7 includes new benefits that make print and packaging operations more efficient:
· Improved flexibility in the measurement and scoring for substrates by making substrate standards optional for spot color workflows and allowing users the ability to measure but not score substrates. This increased level of customisation allows print and packaging operations of all types and sizes to benefit from ColorCert.
· Improved guidance in helping operators better adjust ink density or strength to reach target colours faster through the new BestMatch feature.
· New metrics suchasink strength, white ink opacity, whiteness, have been added to support CMYK, extended gamut, and/or spot colour packaging workflows.
· New connectivity to X-Rite InkFormulation Software for better communication between the press room and the ink room. Press measurements can be sent directly to InkFormulation Software for fast, efficient reformulation when required.
This and other improvements to ColorCert InkRoom Tools allow for fast, easy quality assurance during formulation and dispensing workflows. Communication with X-Rite IntelliTrax2 automated colour measurement solution, X-Rite Colour iQC quality assurance software and BST eltromat IPQ Spectral inline colour measurement device has been improved to streamline colour workflow even further.