X-Rite Pantone LLC demonstrated new solutions for solving colour management problems for processors of plastics and rubber at the 18th Annual PLASTPOL show which was held from 27-30 May in Poland.
Representatives from X-Rite Pantone demonstrated hardware and software solutions that range from the newly introduced Ci6x Series handheld spectrophotometers to the Ci4200 Series countertop spectrophotometers.
X-Rite Pantone also offers an online resource called World of Plastics as a convenient way for PLASTPOL visitors or those who couldn’t attend the show to access a wide range of useful information on colour measurement and management solutions for the plastics industry. World of Plastics can be accessed by visiting www.xrite.com/worldofplastics.
One of the solutions highlighted at the show was X-Rite’s Ci6x Series of versatile spherical spectrophotometers that provide tighter controls of incoming materials, in-process samples and finished coatings. The Ci6x Series yields simultaneous specular included/specular excluded measurements in less than two seconds to determine if colour variance is caused by appearance, and the instrument generates audit trails to ensure productivity for facilities with multiple sites.
The Ci4200 is an easy-to-use, spherical spectrophotometer that manufacturers can harness quickly to reduce instances of non-conforming product and improve speed to market. With its attractive price point, the instrument is particularly well suited for companies that want to improve on existing colour measurement programs that currently rely on non-spectral devices or only visual inspection pass/fail methods.
In addition, the company showed solutions for plastics and rubber applications that include:
• MA9X Series of handheld multi-angle spectrophotometers that includes the MA98 for special effect coatings, the only device that meets the ASTM standard (E2539) for measuring interference pigments.
• Colour i™ 7 benchtop spectrophotometer a reference instrument for reliable digital workflow and error-free measurement at all opacity levels on plastic, coated, and liquid samples.
• RM200QC pocket-sized spectrocolourimetre that can be used to compare the colours of lab samples or plastic parts in the field with reference standards, then create reports that can be shared with supply chain partners.
• Colour iMatch system that provides quick, accurate colour analysis and colour formulations for materials.
• Colour iQC quality control software that removes the guesswork from evaluating colour and increases efficiency while ensuring accurate colour control.