Thunderbolt, which celebrates its 13th anniversary this year, has celebrated the anniversary by modernising its logo, and at the same time, consolidating its branding and service offering to cleints under the new trading name of Thunderbolt.
The company will also launch a new website and has increased its warehousing capacity by taking custom-developed premises in Germiston, and intends to stock increased inventory levels to cut down lead time for orders.
The companys client tours to drupa 2012 are sold out, with two great groups of industry characters.
The companys various principals will launch the following at drupa 2012:
MULLER MARTINI – Hall 14, stand C21
Muller Martini is set to showcase technical innovations in Offset and Digital Printing that meet current market demands at drupa 2012.
It will present various machine exhibits at its 2,100sqm stand:
-The VSOP web offset printing press from Muller Martini for packaging materials with the shortest changeover times and the highest level of printing quality.
– A completely new inserting system for the production of newspapers and mail shots with an optimal price-performance ratio.
– State-of-the-art systems for hardcover production – for example, high-quality photo books.
– New possibilities for saddle stitching with inline inserts – for a high level of product diversity for all print run sizes.
– New solutions for perfect binding with optimal cost-effectiveness and the shortest processing times thanks to our Motion Control Technology.
– Finishing solutions to suit the increased output of the new printing presses for digital printing – for producing books, magazines and catalogues.
– More efficient digital printing systems pose new challenges for print finishing. Muller Martini’s answer is intelligent hybrid systems for saddle stitching as well as softcover and hardcover production.
KBA – Hall 16, stand C47
KBA will be launching the following for the first time at drupa:
– 5 new Rapida sheetfed offset press systems.
– The new KBA RotaJET 76 high-volume digital web press.
– The KBA-Metronic udaFORMAXX, and analogue and digital coding and marking technology using inkjet, laser and thermal transfer technology.
– The KBA Commander CL newspaper (H-type tower) press, with automatic (or semi-automatic) plate changer and ErgoTronic control console.
– The KBA Varius 80 format-variable UV web offset press for printing flexible packaging.
KBA innovations in drying, finishing, energy management and much more can be seen in the Technology Lounge at drupa, where you can also find information about KBA PressConsum consumables, new service offerings and ClimatePartner’s new tools for green, climate-neutral printing technology.
XEIKON – Hall 8A, stand B44
Visitors to the Xeikon booth at drupa 2012 will be taken on a journey of innovation and will be offered an opportunity to get a new perspective on the future. Xeikon will demonstrate the company’s latest range of customer-driven innovations which deliver best-in-class image quality, offer new levels of flexibility and deliver significant improvements in shop floor productivity. Visitors will have the opportunity to experience live demonstrations of the company’s new 8000 series of digital presses, driven by Xeikon’s latest workflow that utilises a new user interface, MyPress. They will also experience the new range of application-focused Suites for the label and packaging markets. In addition, they will see its new line-up of reliable, high quality Imagers for flexographic and letterpress markets. Users of conventional presses can see the next generation of basysPrint’s 4-Up, 8-Up and VLF UV-Setters for the digital exposure of UV-sensitive offset printing plates.
Furthermore, Xeikon will launch a new, breakthrough printing technology called Quantum, that avoids today’s compromise between quality and speed and combines high quality for the Document Printing market. Innovation is at the heart of Xeikon’s success and intimacy with its customers around the globe is its driving force.
If you would Thunderbolt to arrange a meeting with one of the companys principals – Muller Martini, KBA or Xeikon while youre in Düsseldorf, or perhaps set up a demonstration of some new technology, then please call Stacey at Thunderbolts Head Office on (+27 11) 657-7000.