Muller Martini has released Vareo, a highly versatile machine that processes medium runs, short-runs or runs of one with the highest quality, regardless of whether products are produced using offset or digital printing.
In addition, the Vareo is the first perfect binder where each of the three clamps is equipped with its own servo motor, so they function independently of one another. That means that each processing station can be individually adjusted to each product to ensure optimal quality and the highest productivity. For instance, books constructed of different materials can spend the appropriate amount of time in the nipping/pressing station without impacting overall production speeds.
The Vareo’s other advantages include:
• Automatic Book Block Feeder. The optional automated book block infeed with integrated book measuring and barcode scanning allows for offline, near-line or in-line book production. This provides any size printing operation the flexibility to configure their workflow to meet labour and productivity requirements.
• Barcode recognition. The Vareo can be equipped with an integrated barcode recognition system to ensure that the content and cover match, guaranteeing the integrity of the end product.
• Wide format range. The Vareo’s impressive format versatility allows for the processing of a broad range of products.
• Exchangeable glue application systems. Standard options for the gluing systems include an EVA hot-melt roller glue pot, a PUR roller pot or a PUR nozzle system. If switching between different adhesives is required, there is an option to mount the glue systems on a trolley, so that they can be quickly and easily exchanged during production.
• Optional crash feeder. A gauzing station can be integrated for the production of lay-flat books or book blocks for hardcover production.
• Ease of operation. An intuitive set-up wizard leads the machine operator step-by-step through the process of creating a new job.
The Vareo features a modular design, allowing it to be easily extended and adapted to meet future production requirements, providing a high degree of investment protection.