The winners of the 2018 KODAK SONORA Plate Green Leaf Awards, now in it sixth year, featured 13 printers from around the world, including South Africa. The programme celebrates printing industry partners who are leaders in adopting sustainable practices and in offering their customers eco-friendly options for their printing needs.
The 2018 winners are:
- Colour King (South Africa).
- Artes Gráficas Sagitario (Bolivia).
- Presse-Druck-und Verlags-GmbH (Germany).
- Blackmore Group (UK).
- PT Gelora Aksara Pratama (Indonesia).
- Hebei Xindong Printing Co. (China).
- Leanin Tree (US); Mitchell Press (Canada).
- The Profeather Printing Co., Ltd. (DongGuan) (China).
- SRB Printing (South Korea).
- Stuff New Zealand (New Zealand).
- Toyokuni Printing Co. (Japan).
- Wijeya Newspapers (Sri Lanka).
In addition to integrating KODAK SONORA Process Free Plates into their operations, each of the winning companies demonstrated an ongoing commitment to investing in sustainable business practices. Award entrants were judged on a range of criteria, including management practices to improve energy and water efficiency, participation in local community sustainability initiatives and the use of eco-conscious materials and supplies. All submissions are reviewed with scores determined by a panel of Kodak judges.
‘At Kodak we believe that sustainable printing provides the critical foundation for bolstering business success and each of this year’s SONORA Green Leaf Award winners are once again exemplary examples of how to put this practice in action,’ said John O’Grady, president of Kodak’s Print Systems Division. ‘The specific outcomes that each of these printers yields from incorporating more eco-friendly actions into their whole business are quite tangible, from reduced operating costs to measurable increases in key performance metrics that benefit their customers.’