The big performance of production inkjet printing delivered in a smaller, more efficient
and more flexible package. With the next generation, integrated controller that simplifies tasks like imposition and job management, this new inkjet press can significantly transform your business potential.
This article was published in the Africa Print Journal magazine.
The world’s only fully-integrated roll-to-cut sheet, narrow web inkjet press is designed for print providers who produce 1.5 to 5 million impressions per month. It has the smallest footprint of any inkjet press on the market–3.58 x 1.55m (11.9 x 5.1 feet), including the press tower, and is a cost-effective option for various production environments.
The Xerox® Rialto™ 900 Inkjet Press design removes the primary barriers to entering the dynamic production inkjet market, cost and complexity, providing an exciting opportunity for business growth.
'We are creating a new, disruptive inkjet market segment with the Rialto 900 and there’s room for everyone,' said Paul Morgavi, chief operating officer, Inkjet Division, Xerox, and general manager, Impika. 'The Rialto 900 changes the playing field by merging the cut sheet, inkjet and offset worlds, an important convergence for providers looking for a competitive edge and for print’s long-term survival.'
The device offers the speed and image quality required to take on full-colour, personalised direct-mail, statements and book production. Its all-in-one design means the front-end controller, paper roll and finishing components are housed within the machine, a space saver and service convenience.
Automating and simplifying production is seamless with a range of workflow offerings, including XMPie® PersonalEffect® StoreFlow, Xerox FreeFlow® Core and VI Suite and solutions from GMC and Solimar, all driving the press at rated speed for maximum productivity.
The press provides a path to assist customers transitioning from: cut-sheet to continuous feed; and traditional to high-value applications.
• World's first narrow web inkjet press with integrated white paper-in roll to stacked cut sheet design.
• A next generation, integrated controller greatly simplifies tasks like imposition and job management.
• Integrated cutter and high capacity stacker are built in, saving time and space while reducing cost and waste.
• White paper-in productivity, designed for roll in, cut sheet out performance, the Rialto 900 minimises complexity while maximising output from a unique, small footprint.
• High-quality prints, 1000 x 1000 dpi visual resolution prints provide eye-catching results for transaction, transpromo and direct mail jobs.
• Ease of use, next generation product and user interface design make getting started with inkjet or insourcing applications easy.
• Print up to 48 m/min, 320 A4 ppm, single pass duplex.
• Insource offset printed applications.
• Automated missing jet detection and duplex integrity maximise quality and minimise maintenance routines.
• Missing jet detection and duplex matching that are integrated and automated, saving time.
• Media flexibility with Xerox’s water-based pigment HD ink.
The Rialto 900 is the first product jointly developed and launched by Xerox and Impika, accomplished within just two years of the acquisition. Additionally, Impika’s portfolio is now fully-integrated into Xerox’s production family and brand.
MORE INKJET ADVANCEMENTS
The Xerox Impika Evolution Inkjet Press, among the fastest inkjet printers at 254m (832 feet) per minute, has enhanced image quality capabilities with the VHQ (Very High Quality) mode and other improvements.
With VHQ, printers can increase the smoothness, detail and visual resolution of images on both offset and inkjet treated papers. Multi-size levels of ink are ejected from different nozzles onto the paper, maximising the control of ink drop placement at high speeds. Combined with a more robust profiling process, VHQ offers a competitive advantage and further extends the technology investment made by Evolution customers.
The Rialto 900 will be launched in Xerox MEA territories during the fourth quarter of 2015. For more information contact Bytes Document Solutions Marketing Department.