Switch 2021 Spring delivers with a list of new features, improvements and Node.js additions. Last year, the focus was on the creators, with Enfocus making Switch – the workflow automation platform for printers – more flexible and scriptable by supporting Node.js. This year, the attention is on the end users.
‘Architectural changes are close to being completed with node scripting, making it possible to focus more on end-user features. We’re thrilled about the new possibilities that our integrators can provide as automation capabilities to our end customers. Now it’s time for us to join our resellers and deliver value to the end customer by addressing some long outstanding feature requests, and this is just the beginning,’ said Toon Van Rossum, Product Manager, Enfocus.
– Custom Web Portal branding, which allows users to define custom logos and colours to customise the look and feel of the web portal.
– An improved file and folder uploading mechanism has been implemented. Previously, the upload process was started immediately when selecting a file or folder. Now the user can add or remove files to the queue before the upload starts, creating more control.
– Sharing checkpoint filters using import and export. Previously all users had to create their own filters and needed to understand how flows were structured to build filters. Now administrators can create filters and share them with other users.
– Easier to identify element types in the flow designer.
– Multiple elements have received extended functionality.
– Flow creators given control over type of files submitted.
– Continuous improvements to user interface.
– More capabilities added to the Node.js scripting interface.