The new DuPont screens are designed to optimise ink laydown in high-volume printing, typically seen when printing a white undercoat, or solid areas with spot colours. There are five screens in total: two screens designed for customers without the HD Pixel+ imaging capability and three screens designed to take full advantage of HD Pixel+ imaging.
‘We are excited to launch our new Cyrel EASY BRITE Screens. A brighter white is not just about opacity, we believe high opacity alone doesn’t make a good print. You need a combination of opacity, low mottle and low graininess to have a good white. Cyrel EASY BRITE Screens will deliver not only high opacity, but also improved mottle and improved graininess on inks that use a high volume anilox,’ said Shyamal Desai, marketing manager, Americas, DuPont Advanced Printing.
‘The EASY BRITE Index is a multidimensional measurement that combines opacity, mottle and graininess into a single number.’
The combination of Cyrel EASY Plates and the EASY BRITE Screens deliver:
- Better overall consistency and more consistent print of large solid areas.
- Higher print quality.
- Uniform ink layer.
- Elimination of trail edge void.
- Improved appearance of final print.
- Improved opacity, reduced graininess and reduced mottle.
- Flexibility, as they allow printers to move to higher quality levels using their existing setup.
The products will be launched during FTA Forum/INFOFLEX 2018, from 6-9 May in Indianapolis, Indiana.