Rotocon is now representing German manufacturer Rosas Maschinenbau in South Africa. The product offering from Rosas Maschinenbau is complementary to Rotocon’s other slitting, rewinding and inspection machines it represents.
Rotocon will distribute Rosas Maschinenbau’s customised high-performance rewinders and equipment for the label industry, and has placed the first order for a Cheetah 500 tabletop rewinder.
The rewinder features two servo motors, splice table, idler roller, inside/outside wrap rewinding, web and winding tension control, integrated job memory, and operates at a speed up to 488m/min (1600 feet/min depending on substrate) for 0.9-25.4cm (0.39-10 inch/thin film). It also features splice and missing label detection.
‘Their range of economically viable solutions are customisable, adapting to a printer’s unique specifications. Quality, productivity and sustainability is their philosophy behind each machine they design and build,’ said Michael Aengenvoort, Rotocon director and co-owner.
Rosas Maschinenbau’s offering includes:
– Cheetah 500: tabletop rewinder with possible upgrades for inspection (print, pharma), inline code verification and label finishing.
– Gorilla: hybrid rewinder for booklet labels and thicker material.
– Gazelle: high-speed bidirectional rewinder for imprinting labels.
– Hippo: bidirectional rewinder for printing braille codes on labels and booklets.
– Customised solutions for the RFID industry (HF, UHF, NFC) with read/write and database synchronisation in combination with optical vision systems.
Under the agreement, all Rosas Maschinenbau machines and equipment will be available through Rotocon’s headquarters in Cape Town, and branch offices in Johannesburg and Durban.
(+27 11) 397 2172