Supporting hyper relevant short runs and the acceleration of the transition from offset to digital, the new Ricoh Pro Z75 B2 sheetfed inkjet press will enable commercial printers to discover new ways to reach higher benchmarks for productivity, image quality and flexibility.
The press combines Ricoh-developed technologies and sector leading capabilities to deliver cost effective data driven print. The first B2 automatic perfecting sheetfed inkjet press running aqueous inks has been developed to reflect today’s changing commercial print landscape.
• High print speed of 4500sph (4/0) and automatic duplex print speed of 2250sph (4/4).
• Ability to run a mix of uncoated 60-400gsm and offset coated 73-400gsm supports the migration of short-run jobs to digital.
• B2 plus media size 585mm x 750mm enables the imposition of more images in a sheet.
• New scalable digital front end developed in conjunction with EFI connects to different workflows, broadening the range and complexity of jobs without having to redesign workflows.
• New optimised Ricoh developed printhead technology supports 1200 x 1200dpi resolution at all speeds.
• New aqueous inks achieve a higher gamut to match offset.
• New dryer system delivers excellent quality on thin paper without cockling.
• New paper transportation technology combining a variety of Ricoh developments ensures accuracy on a diverse range of formats from B2 plus to A3. This reduces waste.
• Accurate front to back registration using real time correction drives greater consistency.