Pantone has launched an exciting new collection of 110 skin tone shades for inspiration and use in any application where skin tone needs to be matched to a colour standard. The Pantone SkinTone Guide was created by scientifically measuring thousands of actual skin tones across the full spectrum of human skin types and provides quality control standards for consistent and appealing skin tone reproduction.
Specially formulated to be the closest physical representations of skin colours, the library is a comprehensive visual reference of human skin tones for use in any market where skin colours are relevant. Its the only internationally available colour standard to accurately match skin tones.
Each Pantone SkinTone number is comprised of a four-digit alphanumeric number. The first two positions reflect the hue or undertone of the skin. The second two positions represent the tone or lightness and darkness of the skin.
- 110 colours numbered from 1Y01 SP to 4R15 SP.
- Each colour is identified by a unique Pantone Number that represents both the tone and the undertone of the colour.
- Large-size swatch with central aperture for easy colour evaluation and matching.
- Reverse of swatch has mock perforation to allow colour to be shared.
- Digital values are available in Pantone Colour Manager Software.
- Includes colour index.
- Colours were developed to present the best colour match when evaluated under D65 (Daylight 6500K) lighting.
- Compatible with todays digital workflows
- Colours easily updated in leading design applications.