According to OKI, the term Managed Print Services (MPS) can be defined as a broadly defined solution, but the results are simple: MPS allows you to gain visibility and control of all office print jobs, through which financial costs are reduced and productivity increases.
MPS also helps improve your organisation’s contribution to environmental sustainability and document security.
The company mentioned that, by ‘printing’ they mean the total cost of managing and optimising printers and output provided and the process that supports these devices. For instance:
• High-volume printers, fax machines, copiers, scanners, and multifunction printers.
• IT help desk support, technical service, maintenance, and moving, adding, and changing requests.
• Materials sent out for quick printing, offset printing, mailing, and distribution.
• Paper, ink toner and consumable supplies as stipulated in your MPS contract.
Annual printing costs can amount to as much as 15% of most organisational annual budgets. With MPS this cost reduces by 30% annually. MPS solutions, (depending on the solution provider), also oversee:
• A thorough up-front assessment to analyse the current printing infrastructure of your organisation.
• Managing monitoring and the optimisation of your total organisational print output environment.