Kemteks road show started off in Johannesburg (2-3 September), moved on to Durban (5-6 September), and ended in Cape Town (10-11 September) this week. The road show featured an HP Indigo 5600 digital printer and Duplos finishing technology.
Nigel Tretheway, National Product Manager of Kemtek Print Solutions said, the objective of these road shows was to bring our specialist products to customers in the region who would not ordinarily attend a Drupa or IPEX. The customers were impressed with the features and speed of the Indigo as well as the ease of use and quality of the Duplo equipment.
Tretheway also mentioned that the highlights of the road shows was the HP Indigo one shot printing, variable data and security ink printing. The Duplo highlights were the quality and finish of the 145 coater and the strength of the binding of the FKS4000 and ability to work with the product a lot sooner than conventional PUR solutions.
The HP Indigo 5600 digital printer offers the following benefits:
• Has Up to 7 on-press ink stations enable use of HP Indigo’s wide digital colour gamut, including special effect inks.
• 4, 6 or 7 process colours for vivid printing and accurate on-press Pantone emulations.
• True spot colours, mixed off press, for perfect Pantone-certified solids.
• Widest media range that is compatible with more than 2500 certified substrates—the widest choice in the industry—the press prints on a range of uncoated and coated papers as well as on unique substrates such as synthetics, dark, transparent, metallic, and recycled media, and paperboard for folding cartons.
• Can print on synthetics because the press supports high-value specialty applications printed on synthetics using HP Indigo’s unique One Shot Color printing mode.
• Security printing. HP Indigo ElectroInk UV Red creates print that is only visible under UV light. This is valuable for high-security plastic cards and adding anti-counterfeiting features.
• Field upgradeability. The press is built on the successful platform of the HP Indigo press 5500. Most of the innovations in the press are available as upgrade options for the HP Indigo press 5500, securing existing investment.
The Duplo Ultra 145 and 205 UV / IR Coater offers the following benefits:
• High-quality, cost-effective ultraviolet coating on documents printed on digital copiers/printers and offset presses is now easily obtainable with the Ultra 145A and Ultra 205A UV Coaters. These fully automatic coaters are user friendly and ideal for medium to high volume productions.
The Duplo DC 645 cutter / creaser offers teh following benefits:
• Produces constant accuracy as a barcode reader automatically sets up the system and reads the image registration mark so that all the operations of the machine are related to the position of the image on the paper rather than to the physical dimensions of the paper itself.
• Comprises of versatile productivity capable of performing 6 slits, 15 cuts, and 10 creases per sheet, guaranteeing maximised productivity.
• Easy to operate as job details can be programmed either on the control panel or via a computer with installed software.
The Duplo FKS KB4000 PUR binder has an automatic Pre-clamp Unit, touchscreen display, batch counter, total counter, dust exhauster, programmable press time, standby, milling, notching and micro-notching, Book and Spare-Cover Shelf. The Duplo Ultra 130 business card cutter can print up to 130 business cards per minute on paper that is 120-350 gsm. The Feeding Tray Capacity is up to 75 sheets (200 gsm) and the stacker holds up to 500 business cards.