Five of the six Best of Show winners at the 2017 FTA Excellence in Flexography Awards used Esko CDI digital flexo imagers. In addition, more than 70% of all awards were submitted by companies who are customers of Esko CDIs and/or software.
The Excellence in Flexography Awards recognise exemplary package printing. Awards were judged by a group of flexographic industry experts. Award categories included wide web, mid web, narrow web, combined corrugated, preprinted liner board, envelopes, self-promotion, non-traditional flexography and students.
‘It was exciting for Esko to, in some small way, celebrate in the tremendous achievements of our customers. For us, it is very gratifying to see so many Best of Show entries using plates prepared with our software and imaged on an Esko CDI for a wide variety of categories from narrow to wide web format. Award results demonstrate that Esko flexo plate making solutions can be used successfully for virtually any application that requires high quality flexo,’ explained Rory Marsoun, Esko VP, market development, Esko Americas.
The five 2017 Best of Show Entrants who used plates imaged from Esko CDIs included:
- The Tops Herb Seasoned Croutons/Italian Seasoned Croutons Wrapper, printed by Transcontinental Robbie.
- The Terra Sweets Medley Wrapper, printed by Industrias de Plasticos S.A.
- The Cozy Sunday Morning Body Cream Label, printed by Smyth Companies, LLC.
- The Berkley Jensen Ultra Laundry Detergent Carton, printed by Advance Packaging Corp.
- The Paralysed Veterans of America Tropical Flowers Envelope, printed by Mackay Mitchell.
‘Esko wishes to congratulate all of the entries that contributed to make the 2017 FTA Excellence in Flexography Awards so successful. Esko is proud of the solutions we offer to our customers. But that is only one small piece, it takes a dedicated and knowledgeable staff to get the most out of any prepress and press software and equipment. We are proud to play a small part in their successes,’ commented Mark Quinlan, president, Esko North America.