The FESPA Awards Programme is renowned across the industry for their outstanding recipients, judged by industry experts who in turn have contributed significant advances to the techniques and technology across the industry. Printers from Africa are encouraged to enter.
The FESPA Awards will take place at FESPA Digital 2016 in Amsterdam on 9 March. Inspire your team! Winning an award not only raises the profile of your business and attracts new customers, but also raises the spirits of the team involved in producing the winning work. The marketing possibilities if you win are endless.
Within each category below, the entrant can then choose from one of three sub categories:
A. Digital printing only.
B. Screen printing only.
C. Mixed techniques (offset + digital or + screen, or digital + screen, etc.).
1. Point of Purchase Products: printing on paper and board, including paper banners and backlit papers.
2. Point of Purchase Products printed on all types of plastics, including plastic banners and backlit plastic + lenticular, plastic printing in sheets, flexible or rigid.
3. Posters, single sheets and multi-sheets.
4. Original Serigraphies and Giclees and Fine Art reproductions, books and brochures.
5. Decals, printed labels, fleet marking, window decals, etc.
6. Special effect screen printed over offset, digital or screen printed images and other innovative applications.
7. Special effect on t-shirts and other garments, including embroidery, additions of pearls, metal, circuitry, etc.
8 T-shirts and other garments, direct printing, transfers and roll-to-roll.
9. Roll-to-roll printed textile for decoration and pennants, banners, tapestries, draperies and other textile products (eg. bags, scarves, ties, etc).
10. Glass, ceramic, metal and wood products eg. tableware, tiles, glasses, mirrors curved and flat, direct printing, decals, glass and ceramic, metal and wood products, signs and objects.
11. Direct printing on three dimensional products, bottles, mugs, skis, packaging, etc.
12. Non Printed Signage: Channel Lettering, Neon Signs, Signwriting, Etching, engraving and dimensional signage, acrylics, non-printed vinyls, etc.
13. Miscellaneous: compact discs, credit and phone cards, automobiles, IMD, fascias, dials, nameplates, signs, gauges etc Printed Circuits and membrane switches, hybrid circuits, RFIDs, solar cells, etc.
14. Cross media print campaign of the year: entries must have an element of print and may also include, but are not limited to: live media, interactive displays and signage, social media, online interactivity, live events, mobile apps, scannable codes, personalisation and printed products.
15. Young Star This award is separate from the main award entries. The young star award spans across every category and is marked across all the categories. This award is open to those aged 16-25 working as a junior employee or student in any print related discipline.
1. Excellence in execution of print quality and technical expertise (relevant to the application).
a. Image definition, precision (registration) and sharpness (0-20 points).
b. Colour appearance (0-20 points).
2. Appropriate use of techniques, design, media, and creativity for the application (choice of print and techniques to meet the objectives of the project).
a. Job complexity (0-30 points).
b. Product use (0-10 points).
c. Creativity, Aesthetical aspect (0-10 points).
3. Selling efficiency/ROI for the end-user of the printed item(s) (0-10 points).
How To Enter
Stage 1: complete the application form before January 29th.
Stage 2: send your entry to your local drop off point before January 29th. South African printing companies can drop off their entries at the Printing SA (member of FESPA) and Practical Publishing offices by 29 January 2016 and they will courier your entry.
Addresses for entries:
– Practical Publishing: 19 Kloof Road, Shop 5, The Kloof Mall, Bedfordview, 2008.
– Printing SA Central Chamber: 575 Lupton Drive, Midrand, 1682.
Cape Town entries:
Printing SA Cape Chamber: Block A, Unit 8, N1 City Mews, Goodwood, Cape Town.
Printing SA KZN Chamber, Unit 2, Afriscan Park, 21 Qashana Khuzwayo Road, New Germany, KwaZulu–Natal.
For further delivery enquiries contact Zama Zulu at Printing SA on (+27 11) 287 1160.
DCS Integrated Media Limited (Publishers of Printers Digest)
44 Abeokuta Street, Anifowoshe-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Please contact Norah on +234 09096135149 or email Dcsintegratedmedia@yahoo.com
WHERE To Print magazine published by NUMBERS CMYK LIMITED (RC 728214)
3 Olowologbon Street (1st Story Building on the left – upstairs), Akowonjo, Lagos, Nigeria 2341
Please contact Joju on email@example.com
Stage 3: judging.
Stage 4: public vote.
Stage 5: winners announced at FESPA Gala Dinner 9 March 2016.
Stage 6: collect your entries from the Amsterdam Exhibition by 11 March (all entries not collected will not be returned).
Start thinking about what categories you can enter today. Download the entry form below or click here.