Africa Print attended the X-Rite Innovation Road Show which was held at the Johannesburg Country Club in Woodmead on 13 October 2014. The Roadshows are hosted by DigitalView.
DigitalView showcased X-Rite/Pantone solutions, from monitor and camera profiling to prepress colour control to final print quality control. Some of the products on show included:
• i1Solution: combines world-class hardware and software to deliver the ultimate professional level colour management for imaging professionals.
• eXact: the next generation handheld colour measurement solution that takes into account the new business needs and dynamics of a global supply chain.
• Color Cert Software: helps you better understand the colour tolerances specified by operation managers or customers.
• Ink Formulation: X-Rite’s InkFormulation6 is a highly efficient ink formulation software that provides fast, colour accurate and consistent results for inks.
• Pantone Live: provides instantaneous global access to your customers’ brand palettes to ensure that the right colours and expectations are communicated.
During the event, X-Rite Pantone Application Expert, Maxim Siniak, demonstrated some of these technologies. Siniak said, ‘All printing businesses need to fully understand the industry they are in and know what each production step entails and its specifics. The need for companies to understand and make their production process easy led to a lot of companies looking into standardising their products. X-Rite Pantone offers a standardised procedure that makes it easier for companies to handle their printing jobs as per client’s needs.’
‘The biggest problem faced by print shops is that of maintaining the colour through all substrates, as a certain colour doesn’t always come out on print as it is on screen. The solution could be solved by using a spectrometer device instead of a densitometer. That is because a densitometer measures the light reflected on the colour, while on a spectrometer like X-Rite’s eXact, the colour remains constant because it comprises of a CXF format application that allows you to see how your job will look on different substrates,’ said Siniak.
Steve Thobela, Deputy CEO of Printing SA, said that DigitalView is a member of Printing SA and adheres to the Printing Industries Federation of South Africa’s values: Professionalism, Integrity, Fairness, Sustainability and Accountability.
The X-Rite Innovations Roadshow’s next stop is Cape Town (16-17 October 2014).