Youssef Allam Integrated Printing Solutions, in collaboration with Heidelberg, conducted a Lean Printing seminar at the premises of Print Media Academy in Cairo (PMAC). The seminar was held to enlighten all print shop managers, supervisors and operators about the most common problems facing them in their daily work.
The speaker, Detlev Dierkes, Head of Trade Relations at Heidelberg originally trained as a print media designer and has worked in the publishing industry for the last 30 years. Some of his previous employers are British electronics of the UK, and Gruner & Jahr newspaper in Germany. Dierkes joined Heidelberg in 1997, where he was responsible for prepress and digital printing at the Print Media Centre. He became responsible for the Print Media Relations department in 2004.
Some of the topics covered at the seminar include:
• How to empower employees and change the corporate culture.
• How to generate added value for you customers.
• How to reduce all kinds of waste and defects.
• How to standardize working procedures.
• How to increase productivity by optimizing make ready times.
• How to streamline your workflow and reduce cycle times.
• How to tap into new potential in the printing production.
Attendees found the seminar very effective for their profession, receiving advice about reducing costs and re-designing work flow. The business games conducted during the seminar showed how things can go wrong while being overlooked in busy daily operations.
The speaker visited clients during his regular travels to our region, so we discussed ways for overcoming challenges of implementing lean printing in our working environment in Egypt, said Dimitri Vafiadis, Owner and Manager of Deka Press.
YOUSSEF ALLAM GROUP www.yallam.com