X-Rite Pantone will demonstrate a number of money-saving innovations at the 2013 European Coatings Show. It will also exhibit how the language of colour can help companies to become design leaders in their industries, how a new technology captures both the colours and appearance of complex coatings and shapes, and how retailers can become more efficient with new point-of-sale options.
X-Rite Pantone products will also be displayed at the stands of value chain partners at various locations at the expo, being held from 19 to 21 March in Nuremberg, Germany.
We are pleased to present a full 360-degree view of our solutions for the paints and coatings industry, said Francesco Tomasello, Vice President of Sales for Europe. We are particularly excited to showcase how X-Rite Pantone instruments, software, services and standards can be used at every link of the supply chain — concept, design, manufacture, quality control and point-of-sale. Effective communication of colour and appearance can significantly increase the efficiency of processes, saving time and money.
Among the highlights of X-Rite Pantone’s presentations are:
- Inspiration for design. Pantone’s colour trend forecast PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner Spring/Summer 2014 looks at colour as a language with a multi-discipline colour forecast that highlights seven key palettes for industrial design, fashion, cosmetics, lifestyle, and graphic design. Within each of the season’s directional colour palettes, a general introduction outlines the colours included and the philosophy behind them. In addition, a specific breakdown of each palette highlights harmonies, suggested colour combinations and suitable patterns, fabrics and products according to end use.
- Total Appearance Capture technology. As a new solution for design work, X-Rite Pantone’s new Total Appearance Capture technology allows the visualisation of photorealistic virtual prototypes with a new level of precision and realism by measuring and digitising the reflectance characteristics of highly complex object surfaces.
- Future point-of-sales solutions. X-Rite Pantone will give visitors a preview of new and exciting connectivity options for point-of-sales applications that the company expects to launch over the next year.
- Next generation instrumentation. Like the point-of-sales products, X-Rite Pantone will give visitors a peek at new sphere-based spectrophotometer technology that will raise the bar for performance by combining affordability with measurement accuracy and integrity into easy-to-use compact bench top solutions. The next generation of bench top spectrophotometers have powerful applications for accurate colour measurement, management and communication.
- The debuts of other recently launched X-Rite products, including:
- ColorDesigner PLUS, v.2.0, the next generation colour formulation system for in-store paint colour matching; SpectraLight QC, the new light booth that provides more accurate illumination than any other standard solution for finely controlled visual assessment of colour; RM200QC, the spectrocolorimeter that allows quick and easy on-the-spot control of colour on coatings and plastic parts; Pantone Lighting Indicator stickers that give companies confidence they are performing accurate colour evaluations under proper illumination, helping to ensure accuracy in workflows and quality control and Pantone CAPSURE, the Pantone PLASTICS Standard Chips, the Pantone FASHION + HOME Products and the Pantone PLUS SERIES products.