Printing SA, in collaboration with WITS Commercial Enterprise, is offering the Business Management (NQF Level 5) Programme, commencing in May 2019. Printing SA will run the programmes in Cape Town.
The course syllabus is as follows:
Module 1: Group dynamics and principles of business communication (3 days):
20–22 May 2019
• Teambuilding, group and team interaction.
• Diversity management.
• Creating effective presentations.
• The use of technology in business communication, including spreadsheet and business tools.
• Writing and structuring reports, assignment writing instructions.
Module 2: Introduction to printing and packaging (2 days):
24–25 June 2019
• Different types of printing – major printing processes.
• The size and structure of the industry – the players.
• The future of electronic media.
Module 3: Planning, project management and production (2 days)
22–23 July 2019
• Project conceptualisation and establishment.
• Planning and costing the project.
• Printing production management.
• Various software platforms for printing – production software and office printing.
• Project management tools, monitoring progress and managing project risk.
• Managing change, project reporting and closure.
Module 4: Human resource management (2 days)
19–20 August 2019
• Labour market challenges.
• Understanding the legal employment framework.
• HR information systems.
• Managing the employee life cycle, including: recruitment, selection and placement.
• Performance management in printing.
• Remuneration, job analysis and design.
Module 5: Business management (2 days)
16–17 September 2019
• Value chain.
• Product life cycle.
• Entrepreneurship and innovation.
Module 6: Finance and accounting in the printing industry (2 days)
14–15 October 2019
• Introduction to accounting principles
• The accounting framework.
• Costing principles and break-even analysis
• Costing and estimating printing jobs.
• Budgeting and understanding financial statements.
Graduation: to be confirmed.
Programme costs: R25,358 (incl. VAT) per candidate. Course fees include course notes, stationery and catering (teas/coffees, lunch and light refreshments) as well as certification.
Should you need further assistance, contact Printing SA’s offices or email Virginia Erasmus firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.