The deadline for entries in the FESPA Awards is 25 January 2019. Open to PSPs and sign makers worldwide and now in its 28th edition, the FESPA Awards 2019 celebrates exceptional talent within the global speciality print industry across 14 categories.
Launched in 1991, the FESPA Awards is the longest running awards in the speciality print industry, with last year’s awards receiving over 200 entries from 30 countries, which were shortlisted and awarded at the FESPA Gala Night in front of over 300 guests.
Quentin King, director of UK company, Harwood King Printmakers, who won the Gold Award in the Serigraphies and Fine Art category and Best in Show at the FESPA Awards 2018, commented on how winning a FESPA Award has benefitted his business, ‘Since winning a FESPA Award we have seen a number of benefits. Our employees feel more pride in their work and have become more diligent when problem solving, which has led to enhanced client satisfaction and additional confidence for new clients. As a team we are more determined than ever to produce the best products using the latest techniques for our customers.’
The print related categories include:
• Display and Packaging on Paper and Board.
• Display and Packaging on Plastic – Point of Purchase.
• Serigraphies and Fine Art.
• Decals and Printed Labels.
• Creative Special Effects – Paper Board and Plastics.
• Special Effects on T-shirts, Garments and Other Textiles.
• Printed Garments.
• Roll-to-Roll Printed Textiles.
• Glass, Ceramic, Metal and Wood Products.
• Direct Printing on Three Dimensional Products.
• Non-Printed Signage.
• Functional Printing – Fascias, Dials, Name plates.
The final category is the Young Star Award, which can be entered by those aged 16 to 25 working as a junior employee, trainee or student in any print related discipline. Entrants can enter this award by submitting work in any of the print related categories.
This year FESPA has introduced two sub-categories for the Young Star Award:
• Vocational trainee in digital or screen printing – including apprentices or interns that have been on placement for more than 12 months, endorsed by their manager.
• Design student for digital or screen printing endorsed by their educational establishment.
In addition to the 14 categories, entrants will automatically be entered for two further awards:
• The People’s Choice Award, which is selected by FESPA’s online community from all entries. Voting will be open from 4 February – 4 March 2019.
• The Best in Show Award, decided by the FESPA Awards Judges.
Within each print category, there are four sub-categories which applicants can enter: digital printing, screen printing, mixed techniques and non-printed. For more information on all of this year’s categories visit: www.fespaawards.com/categories.
All shortlisted entries will be displayed at the FESPA Global Print Expo 2019 in Munich, Germany from 14-17 May. Winners of the 2019 awards will be announced at the 2019 Gala Dinner, which will take place on Wednesday 15 May in Munich. Tickets for the 2019 Gala Dinner will be available soon.
Award entries are free for Printing SA members. The code to use for registration is FA19pp100. Printing SA will assist to courier members’ submissions. Please contact: Abisha Katerere aKaterere@printingsa.org (+27 11) 287 1160 for more information.