Océ VariaDot® imaging technology is the key to the award-winning image quality of every Océ Arizona printer. It allows you to produce near-photographic quality with sharpness equivalent to 1440 dpi or higher. Text as small as 2 pt. is perfectly legible, even when reverse-printed (white ink on a black field). Active Pixel Placement Compensation assures image sharpness, density and uniformity, wherever it is printed on the flatbed or on the Roll Media Option.
The best-selling Océ Arizona 460GT has 170 printers installed in South Africa, and 5000 worldwide. It is suitable for a variety of display graphics applications including POP/POS specialty applications where the decorated substrate is not meant primarily for display purposes (e.g. package prototyping, short-run packaging, wallpaper and interior decoration, and consumer product decoration). It can handle irregular shaped or non-square items, heavy substrates and materials that have an uneven surface, such as wood. It is also perfect for complex technical or industrial printing applications where accurate, repeatable print geometry is critical.
Producing prototypes and short-run packaging on Océ Arizona Series UV flatbed printers and Océ ProCut digital cutting systems enables you to:
• Win orders: present stunning, genuine prototypes in record time.
• Reduce time and costs: no plates, no makeready for improved productivity and cost savings.
• Deliver faster: improve delivery time of short-run and custom packaging.
• Go digital: combine digital printing and cutting through an integrated workflow.
• Extend your business: produce display stands, signs and other POP materials to complement your customers’ packaging needs.
It includes six independent ink channels with the first four configured for standard CMYK printing. Channels five and six can be configured in two ways that offer flexibility to meet the demands of various jobs:
• Varnish + White: using white ink, print service providers can produce exceptional quality prints on a variety of non-white substrates that can command premium prices. Varnish can be used as a spot or flood decorative element for attention-getting results at premium prices.
• Double-White: alternatively, when not required for use in printing varnish, the sixth channel can be used as an additional white ink channel to provide double the opacity in a single printing pass for higher productivity when printing white ink jobs.
Print service providers can use these two channels in whichever configuration best suits their needs, changing from Varnish + White to Double-White (and vice versa) on demand.
The last two ink channels are used to enhance both print quality and print speed by adding extra cyan and magenta nozzle capacity. The additional cyan and magenta nozzle capacity offers Production print modes that rival the slower Quality-oriented modes in terms of sharpness, uniformity and smoothness. Users can take advantage of this improved print quality to realise higher net productivity, since more demanding jobs can now be printed in the faster print modes.
VARIABLE VACUUM SYSTEM
A vacuum system holds rigid media stationary on the printer’s flat table surface, ensuring perfect registration even on multiple imaging passes or double-sided printing applications. Print edge-to-edge (full bleed) to save time and labour costs in finishing. The six vacuum zones are configured to match the majority of standard-sized graphics arts media to reduce or eliminate manual masking, thereby decreasing operator intervention and increasing productivity.
A batch mode supports complex, multi-layered jobs, those requiring multiple passes for specialty applications. These jobs can now be streamlined using the new batch mode tools, eliminating operator intervention between operations. Batch mode can also be used to produce sets of prints sequentially for easy collation and fulfillment.
The model offers the standard table size of 1.25 by 2.5 metres (49.2 by 98.4 inches) and can print on rigid media up to 50.8 mm (2.0 inches) thick. A Roll Media Option is available for both models to print on flexible media up to 2.2 metres (86.6 inches) wide.
REDUCE INK COSTS BY UP TO 50 PERCENT
Because Océ VariaDot® imaging technology uses only four colours and can jet exactly the right size droplet, it uses up to 50 percent less ink than fixed-droplet, six colour printers. For every square metre of printing, this equates to less than 8ml of ink. The technology uses variable-sized droplets and delivers finer details and smoother gradients in highlight areas, as well as crisp colours in the midtones and incredible density in shadows and solid colour areas. Images look far superior to those printed on a conventional, fixed-droplet, 6-colour inkjet printer.
• No special electrical or compressed air requirements.
• Single-phase electrical power.
• Reprint a job with just one click.
The Océ Arizona series has more than 30 industry awards for its exceptional image quality, versatility and productivity. The 400 Series includes six different UV flatbed printers featuring four, six or eight independent ink channels in two different flatbed sizes, offering a range of applications capabilities and capacity to suit any mid-volume print service provider. And as a provider’s needs change, an upgrade path is available to ensure that the investment in an Océ Arizona 400 Series printer is protected from obsolescence.