Pyrotec PackMedia recently conducted research to identify what was most important to their clients within the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries. PackMedia’s leaflet-label, Fix-a-Form®, was found to be the preferred option by pharmaceutical and agrochemical manufacturers as it is able to contain extensive information within the confines of an adhesive label. Fix-a-Form® allows for variable manufacturer on-pack data to be included – ensuring complete traceability – and is able to be applied with standard labelling equipment.
Timothy Beattie, General Manager of Pyrotec PackMedia, said, It was important for us to ascertain what was most important to our informational client base, in order for us to ensure that we met their requirements with our offerings and were adding value to their brands.
The key factors that were important to pharmaceutical and agrochemical manufacturers when selecting a suitable on-pack label, were as follows:
- Space: It is important to ensure that there is sufficient space to convey all of the information required by law on a product’s packaging, specifically pertaining to the composition, potential side-effects, contraindications, directions for use etc. A leaflet-label is a good way of including all of the essential information in a small area of space.
- User-friendly: Labels that were able to be applied using standard labelling machinery, such as Fix-a-Form®, were preferred by manufacturers as no additional application equipment needed to be purchased. Labels are also able to be resealed for repeated reference.
- Waste Reduction: Fix-a-Form® removes the need for excessive packaging and outer cartons, which ultimately reduces costs and provides an environmentally-conscious method of labelling goods.
- Variety: As the old saying goes: ‘variety is the spice of life’. Fix-a-Form® is available in a wide range of designs and formats to suit the style of the product or information presented.
- Multilingual: When distributing to other countries, user-instructions, hazard warnings and application guidelines need to be included in a number of local languages- which often leads to challenges in terms of labelling. Manufacturers struggle to include the compulsory information in the limited space provided on a traditional label, which needs to fit a small pharmaceutical bottle or box. PackMedia’s Fix-a-Form® leaflet-label occupies the area of a standard label but provides additional space to include dosage instructions, warnings and indications in multiple languages, as stipulated by legislation internationally.
These key features are of paramount importance to the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries, as they enhance the consumer experience and increase the chances of a repeat purchase, said Beattie. Fix-a-Form® leaflet-labels make it possible to include necessary information required, without compromising on the aesthetic aspects.