Bobst is launching events to celebrate its 125th anniversary and will premier new technologies, including the Mastercut 106 PER and Masterfoil 106 PR hot-foil stamping press at drupa 2016.
Bobst will be working closely with other forward-thinking suppliers to the industry at the event. These include Kodak, which will host packaging samples and their VIP lounge, Kurz, which will host a brand new BOBST hot-foil stamping press on their stand, Marbach, Hinderer + Mühlich, Baumer hhs, Metsä, Henkel, Gebr. Knauer, and the partners in the REVO Digital Flexo project.
Among the highlights that Bobst will present include:
• The world premiere of Mastercut 106 PER. This new model will be the most productive die-cutter ever available to the industry, thanks to a range of ground-breaking innovations that will set new standards in die-cutting.
• A new Masterfoil 106 PR hot-foil stamping press that incorporates FOIL UNWINDER+, a system that delivers up to 30% more press productivity and a reduction of up to 50% in foil use.
• A new folder-gluer to be launched at the show, along with the new Mastercut and new Masterfoil, which features increased automation, shorter set-up times, lower running costs and easier use, and will allow packaging manufacturers to realise ‘zero fault’ production.
• A brand new version of the M6 UV flexo press, configured with folding carton production in mind, which will challenge offset printed carton production by offering job changeovers in under a minute, thanks to Digital Flexo technology; high running speeds and high-speed in-line sheeting. Cartons produced on the line can then be converted using the BOBST die-cutting and folding & gluing equipment available to most carton makers. The seven-colour M6 offers the cost benefits of purchasing board on reels, allied to the production benefits of the no-water, no-solvent, fast changeover UV Digital Flexo process.
• Innovative and effective alternatives to offset printing for the production of folding cartons and flexible packaging. Using new low migration UV curable inks and Digital Flexo automation, BOBST will show solutions that offer comparable set-up times to digital, allied to the highest productivity.
• Extended colour gamut (ECG) printing, using four or seven fixed colours, on new ECG optimised presses, taking full advantage of substantial developments in ECG printing technology.
• New CI flexo, in-line flexo, gravure and new digital printing presses; laminators; coaters and metallisers, many featuring digital automation technologies for easy, repeatable and reliable operation in a digital printing and converting workflow.
• New tooling software for the production of high-performance die-cutting formers, using BOBST branded precision die-board wood, ejection rubber and rules.
• Enhancements to BOBST maintenance and helpline services, and a new generation Pick & Pay solution that will increase operator safety and reduce machine downtime by making first emergency and wear parts available on the machine.
• Presentations by a specialised team of the breakthrough high-output Digital Printing Press for corrugated board and Digital Printing Press for folding carton, paper and film.
Stephan März, worldwide head of the Services Business Unit said, ‘At Bobst we have always been at the forefront of innovation. We aim to be a guiding partner, helping our customers succeed whether it is by providing services that help them make the most of their existing equipment, by supplying highly productive new solutions for conventional processes, or by offering disruptive new technologies such as digital print. The BOBST booth at drupa will be a ‘must see’ for anyone involved in packaging or label manufacture.’
Bobst is embarking on this anniversary with its sights focused firmly on the future. It is running a year of events running under the motto ‘125 YEARS: For The Next Generation’. BOBST has chosen this slogan to thank its customers who have placed their trust in the brand for 125 years. It is also to pay tribute to its staff, whose enthusiastic work has given the brand’s products and services their renowned excellence. This anniversary is a reminder that everyone has a part to play in laying the foundations that the company intends to bequeath to future generations, the cornerstone of which resides in customer satisfaction.