Africa Print Expo sponsor Bytes Document Solutions announced the launch of the Xerox 770 Digital Colour Press and the Xerox D95/D110/D125 Copier/Printer and D110/D125 Printer, as well as the expanded functionality of the Xerox Colour 550/560 printer at a press conference held on its stand on 22 August at the Expo. The company also announced Michael Templer from Templer Industries as its first South African customer for the Xerox 770.
New digital systems broaden Xerox colour portfolio
The Xerox 770 Digital Colour Press can help print providers increase monthly print volume by expanding into applications such as photo books, direct-mail pieces, marketing materials and calendars.
A key feature of the press is the Automated Colour Quality Suite, a set of tools that handle colour management tasks with minimal operator involvement, allowing for more high-value, profitable applications to move quickly through the shop. The press also prints on a range of stocks, including heavyweight, at the rated speed of 70 pages per minute, a significant competitive advantage.
The new press updates the software and capabilities of the Xerox 700 Digital Colour Press, which has generated print volume and revenue growth for thousands of global print providers.
Additional features of the Xerox 700i and 770 digital colour presses include:
• Inline finishing – easily creates high-value applications inline including face-trimmed saddle-stitched booklets, catalogues, punched documents, tri-fold brochures and photo specialty products.
• Heavyweight stock capabilities – increases productivity and application flexibility for stocks up to 300 gsm.
• Industry colour standards – allows the presses to accurately match the designer’s intent with optimal quality by achieving Fogra VPS certification. The presses also use the Adobe® PDF Print Engine 2 and are licensed for Pantone® Plus.
• Server options – meets the needs of specific print operations. Options for the Xerox 770 Digital Colour Press include Xerox FreeFlow® Print Server and EX Print Server powered by EFI Fiery. The 700i Press has these options as well as the Xerox CX Print Server powered by Creo.
• Scanning and copying – increases flexibility with an automatic duplex copying and scanning of 600 x 600 dpi and offers a variety of scanning options such as scan-to-file PDF and paper handling up to 28cm x 44cm (11” x 17”).
The company’s newest series of light production devices, the Xerox D95/D110/D125 Copier/Printer and D110/D125 Printer, delivers sharp black-and-white image quality with speed and efficiency.
Built to handle the demands of print-intensive environments, the devices make it easy for educators to create curriculum materials, student directories, course packs and bound materials. Productivity can be increased with archiving and stamping software allowing legal, insurance and healthcare users to store documents electronically and guarantee their authenticity with numerical markings. In the print-for-pay market, commercial, quick and franchise, printers can meet tight turnaround times and offer more applications and services, like newsletters, on-demand book publishing and customised catalogues.
The copier/printer models are available in speeds of 95, 110 and 125 pages per minute (ppm), while the D110/D125 Printers are available in speeds of 110 and 125 ppm, which is suitable for the transactional print environment.
Key customer benefits are:
Fast and easy
• The Xerox copier/printer has a standard single-pass colour scanner.
• 2400 x 2400 dpi print resolution and prints from and saves to a USB drive.
• A built-in scanner scans up to 200 images per minute and manages high-volume, complex jobs with a 250-page automatic document feeder.
Advanced workflow tools
• An integrated controller comes standard with the copier/printer models, allowing powerful workflow with an easy-to-use touch screen. Two optional servers – the Xerox FreeFlow® Print Server or the Xerox EX Print Server powered by Fiery® – deliver additional flexibility.
• Xerox’s Extensible Interface Platform allows users to simplify work processes right from the copier/printer’s touch screen interface.
Xerox Colour 550/560 – even stronger
The Xerox Colour 550/560 Printer packs sharp image quality and a host of application options into an affordable package – and one with a footprint flexible enough to fit in large enterprises, commercial print operations and quick print shops.
Enhancements to the devices include:
• Integrated in-line Xerox SquareFold Trimmer Module – produces square-spine booklets that lay flat for a professional look.
• GBC® Advanced Punch – automates the process of printing, collating and punching to save time, maximise productivity and lower costs.
• Mobile Print Solution option – allows employees to print securely from any email-enabled smartphone, tablet or laptop without downloading an application, loading software or searching for online printer information.
• Xerox Integrated Colour Server – offers the image quality and colour management of a more robust device, expanding offerings and lowering costs by allowing printers to produce high-quality work.
View all Events
View all Classifieds